Monday, September 15, 2008

They will be missed...

New News!!!! I have decided to go through the entire Cosmetology program, instead of just the Esthetician course!! I have done some research in the field and think that it will be a better move for me career wise, soooo with that decision made- I am starting school at The Salon Professional Academy on Tues!!! It is a change from part time to full time school which means I have to leave a group that I love and pursue something else in the evenings and weekends (ugggh!)(I'm NOT looking forward to that, can you tell??) I will miss them all so much- and while I was stressing this decision, because I had to make it quickly, I am so appreciative to all the girls at Noggins, especially my boss, for being so understanding and supportive- I have enclosed some pics of our group and hope to stay in touch with all of them- We have become friends and I will miss them terribly!






As far as everything else goes- the moving plans are still under way! They laid the carpet and installed our appliances yesterday in the townhouse!!! Just two more weeks!!! They are doing all of the landscaping now, and it seems to really be coming together! We cannot wait!!!




I am trying to turn over a new leaf and embrace living here... I have been homesick for so long, but now - having the opportunity to FINALLY move into a place that we love, and being able to pursue some of my own personal goals, it has made life much happier- I know that probably seems silly to most.... and the quote of the day should be "happiness is what you make it" but I don't feel that is always the case- maybe I just haven't given it a shot- So after 4 years and alot of "hard knocks"- I am now slowly accepting the fact that this is home to me....as hard as that is for me to say... I always felt like we existed here, but didn't live...simply because I had not allowed myself to create a life here- I thought that if I did- we would never get back to the "home" that we have always known and loved...What I didn't realize was that I was letting life pass me by, and wasted alot of precious time with my husband and daughter being depressed and selfish- So for my own sanity(and my husband's)- I can't do that anymore- I still would move back home in a minute, but for now- my life is here- and I plan on living it! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Lookin' good, Stacy!!! I'm proud of your decision and your new attitude! As much as I miss you, I'm glad that you are carving your own path in Arkansas!

The Lada Family said...

Okay so your post... it's me! actually, I'm not to that point yet. Give me three more years (i've only been here 1). Joey is still dragging me along with my heals dragging. I need to have a "home"

Stephanie said...

So I know I'm a couple weeks late in my comment but I'm just now getting back to playing on the internet after having baby.
I'm so proud of you for deciding to embrace your life there and so incredibly happy for you that you are making your dreams a reality with going to school and everything! Real friends stay with you no matter where you are in life and memories can't be erased so make new happy ones every day!
Love you!