Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crazy Times!

Okay...so I know it's been a while since I have updated everyone, so here we go... Last weekend I had family in town and had a blast!! We cooked out and sang karaoke....




it was hilarious...I'm sure you can tell by some of the pics....



My husband was the chef for the evening and did a fabulous job...it was so great!!! I have been on weight watchers (argh) and though I have been a slow starter....I think I am on track!!! (As I have said before I'm on a mission) It was a good time for all!! I miss my family so much and was glad to FINALLY get to entertain!

This week has been a little crazy! We have decided to move......AHHH....and to those who know us...this is not surprising news, but in this case, for the first time we will have a sense of feeling settled- and it could not come at a better time! Our landlords have recently moved to Maine and have decided to sell the property....so while I was stressed by this news....a client just happened to walk in the salon and mentioned these newly constructed townhomes that were literally right around the corner from the salon!!! I relunctantly went to check them out on Wed., (my husband had his mind set on a house)....and I fell in love! I told Scott about them, hoping that he would be open minded...and he did not disappoint!!! He loved them too!!! They are absolutely PERFECT for us! They have hardwoods, granite countertops, jacuzzi tub in the master... and it is about 250 sq ft larger than where we are now...oh and did I mention that the rent pretty much the same!! We are so thankful to have found it so quick! We are moving October 1st and have so much to do!! I am a true procrastinator at heart, and am trying my best to be as organized and proficient as I can, to make this transition as smooth as possible! I am soooo excited!

Things at the salon are still going great!! I love it! We have a new Esthetician starting soon and I am looking forward to having someone with alot of experience to learn from! The girls and I are still getting to know one another, each one is unique, and everyone has their "quirks", but it has been a rewarding experience developing realtionships, both personally and professionally. Watch out for pics of our crazy group soon!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

The townhouse looks awesome. I can't wait to come visit you. I miss you terribly and wish you were here.

The Lada Family said...

HEY HEY NOW!!! You said each of us has "quirks".
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!! :-)
Just kidding. I know what you mean. I'm just glad I'm not the new girl anymore. You've survived it well!