Saturday, August 9, 2008

Well, here we go...

Wow! The weekend is FINALLY here! Well I have a ton going on these days! Just returned from my trip home- and had a blast! I got to visit family, shop for bridesmaid dresses, dinner and movies with the girls....etc... It was so refreshing!! Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in daily life, we forget the value of friendships... and the important roles that they play!



Sitting here now, after my husband's gone to sleep, hs given me a moment to reflect on those past relationships, as well as what my future holds. Through Miss Lowry's (soon to be Corcoran) encouragement, I have decided to start this blog, to take a step toward sharing our daily life with the masses...lol... I get so much enjoyment from seeing the exciting changes that happen with all of you... and though sometimes it feels like we are worlds apart, reading about everyone makes me feel as though I am back home, for the moment... In a perfect world we would be surrounded by our close friends and family, with the perfect job and fabulous place to call home...but for now this blog will have to do.... hopefully someday!


So what's happening now??? Well, I have finally reached a point in life where I can focus on my career and goals that I have set for myself! I am so psyched! I have enrolled in Esthetician school and begin classes in October! This has been a dream of mine for 8 years and I can't believe that it is finally coming to fruition! On top of that- I have just landed a job in my field that is close to home, with a TON of growth opportunity! I am so excited about starting this new chapter in my life, and hope that you keep me in your prayers!

My husband just got a promotion at work, so it looks as though Maumelle is where we will call home for a while! He works so hard and I am so proud of him! He is 100% supportive of all my efforts this year and I love him for that! Madi is going into fourth grade and growing up so fast! Scott and I have been trying for a baby, with no luck.... I honestly think that with all that I have planned this year, it has turned out to be a blessing in disguise...

Maybe someday...in God's perfect timing, but for now life goes on...



Being so far away from family for so long was quite a challenge for us for a long time, but I am so proud to say that my brother now lives here with his wife, Kayla, my sweet 5 yr old niece, Aubrey, and my new, beautiful niece, Ashlynn Blayke... They have been such a blessing, and it is so great to have family nearby..... In recent additions, my crazy Mama, has moved in with us, for now, and I'm loving the estrogen!!..lol.. Park Plaza Mall....HERE I COME!

All in all- life is great up here in the beautiful hills of Arkansas...

hahaha...
and we are making the most of it!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love you! So glad you joined the blog world. Now, you need to post more.
I hope your first day went well! I miss you, too!
I LOVE all of your pictures on the side of your blog!

The Lada Family said...

I love blogging and other bloggers. It's like a diary with no lock on it!
Michelle has one too...
michellemethvin.blogspot.com