Monday, August 18, 2008

Things are looking up!!

Hope everyone's weekend went well..... Ours was so hectic and way too short! I took my husband on his first real trip to Sam's.....lol.....adventurous and exciting I know...It was hilarious!!! He was so cute...it was like a kid in a candy store...lol...and $240 later, he was hooked! I love a man that loves to shop! Anyway- later we had a bit of a tiff... and I took it out on the debit card....not a smart move, but I got some cute clothes to show for it and an apology from him....so I guess it worked out well.....for me..lol...
My brother called and was officially declared Firefighter certified!! I am so proud of him! This is something that he has wanted for so long, and knowing what it is like to long for a career that I actually enjoy, it makes me so excited to see his dreams becoming a reality.... He has worked very hard and deserves it! My mom is going on a job interview tomorrow- It's for an assisted living facility as their Activities Director....I think she is a shoe in! She is such an amazing talent with a huge heart, and I could not think of anyone better for the job! Please keep her in your prayers this week!

I sent in my measurements for our bridesmaid dresses today.... that was painful....lol... I am on mission to lose my "baby" fat....lol....(saying that makes me feel better...I look like a mother with no child...lol) before the wedding and am so glad that I am working in a healthy environment! All the girls are very health conscious and it has motivated me to stay on my routine! When you are married to a man that is 6'5" and 280 lbs, its sooooo hard.... He eats for a family of 4 and I am trying so hard to break him of that, but so far with no luck..... He is frustrated with my choice of groceries....I get comments like "soy...WHAT???"....or "low fat???" or "Why did you by whole wheat...when I'm a white Texas toast man???"..... It has been quite interesting and entertaining to say the least......but like I said...I'M ON A MISSION AND WILL NOT BE DETERED....LOL (If you are reading this blog, ask me the next time we talk, about the motivation I received from the comedic display for Mom while in the dressing room...."the belly dance"....It will keep you in stitches...it did us)

My job is still going so well....and I can't wait for school to start.... I have butterflies in my tummy and it is still 2 months away.... I feel like I'm 18 years old and going to college for the first time....lol.... I don't feel intimidated at all just so anxious that I can't stand it! There is so much to do between now and then, but I know once it starts life as I know it, is going to be even crazier...so I should probably just quit stressing....but anyone that knows me knows that I will obsess until the day actually gets here..... I keep telling myself baby steps, but in the "fast food" world we live in, it's so hard to have that mentality.... I WANT IT NOW..... lol...I want it to be over with and on the road doing what I have always wanted to do, and make the big bucks doing it...lol....I know the satisfaction comes when you have paid your dues and put in the work...so with that in mind....I can breathe a sigh of relief, because I know I work hard and will excel in my craft.... In the meantime... I need to sit back and enjoy the ride!

Mom says "Ya gotta crawl before you can walk, and walk before you can run"

When that day comes.... WATCH OUT WORLD HERE I COME!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

You crack me up! Just thinking about your mom and you laughing hysterically in the dressing room makes me laugh. I love you guys!